Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Fall, in Western Civilization

Dearest Uncle Screwtape

It has been far too long since I sent the last letter, and for that I appologize. My folly knows no bounds!

Everything has been harder then I had originally thought. Getting a house is not an easy thing to do, as all i can hope to afford seems to be on the verge of collapse, or an inferno waiting to happen. Who ever thought that spending 25 years worth of paycheques would be so complicated!? We have a current hopeful, but at the moment, it seems to be a long shot. I will keep you informed should this be the one.

The new job is going well. I am still on a nasty steep learning curve, which I can probably expect for another year or so. As I cannot really talk about the contents of the job, I will have to leave it at that!

About the only thing that went as planned was the haircut, but there really isnt any need to talk about that in detail. I wanted to change my look for my new position so that people didn't mistake me for someone in my previous position (which is a position few people on this side of the coin actually have positive feelings for).

I have been taking advantage of the amazing geocaching weather as well. The cool weather keeps the bugs away, the trees have no leaves to interfere with satellite reception, and the locations tend to be drier. I made a point of attempting a "Jeeps only" cache series before winter. Since all my friends with jeeps seemed unable to come with me (since spring), I did most of the series in my little suzuki swift. There were only 2 of 6 that I did not attempt behind the wheel, and decided to walk about 15km instead. Otherwise, my car makes a pretty good jeep! (although it doesn't handle going through lakes all too well..)

Yellow Forest
Don Valley in Toronto


A friend and I have begun placing a series of "difficult to get to" caches called the punisher series. They are Barries first attempt at relatively difficult geocaches, and has generated quite a few hopeful watchers from around the province, some coming from as far as Oshawa just to attempt them.. and the series isn't even complete yet
!

You call that a Trailhead?
The entrance to one of the mazes that the geocache lies in


Urban Spelunking
Urban Spelunking


Hope your health is well, and your life remains profitable,
Your forever grateful nephew,
Wormwood

PS - big news soon.

2 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a cache that Zartimus and I recently found. Turned out that this cacher wasn't as evil as we thought. see cache log

 
At November 09, 2006 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, we drove all the way from Oshawa cause we ain't got nothing like that down here. I'm working on creating a couple 5/5's but it will take some time. We had fun doing yours and hope to make another trip up that way soon to do some more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home