Friday, September 01, 2006

Quest for Silver peak and Promotion V2.0

I will be moving up the ladder once again! Earlier today I accepted a promotion to government services systems administrator. Not much can be said about the job other then I am now responsible for maintaining a network of large fancy computers. OooOOO!

The bad news is, that I have given up my 7 day weekends, and will be working the M-F 9-5 shifts, meaning an extra day of commuting into the city, and far less extravagant adventures in the outback. My last adventure it seems will be Silver Mountain in the heart of killarney. I have been putting some research into the trip. Looking at topo maps, reading log entries, plotting possible courses, and trying to muster a crew for this most perilous of journeys. Alain, my street-savvy cousin, has agreed to partake on the challenge with me.



We will launch the canoe at David lake, and likely camp at site 102. From there, we will follow the trail back to the "thunder box" (a valley), cross the river, and pick up the path to Silver peak. The hike will only be about 2km which is really nothing when you think about it, but will probably also incur an elevation increase of about 300m.

This hike will be my 1000th geocache, if I time it right, and will be a super-wicked way to end my geocaching full-timers career. Spots are still open if anyone wants to join us this Thursday :D

1 Comments:

At September 06, 2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Tripper said...

Wish I could. This cache is on my hit list. Good luck.

Looking forward to the pics.
Tripper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home