Monday, August 14, 2006

10^4, little buddy

If any of you have been keeping track of the little icon on the right hand side of the page (with the angry frog?), you may have noticed that my number of finds is approaching 1000. This is quite the milestone, as it will likely be the last time that the number will ever grow in character size.


So now the preperation begins. I have picked quite a doozy for the milestone. Silver mountain in killarney provincial park. The third largest mountain in Ontario. My options are either a 20km hike in from the road, or a 2 hour canoe ride with a one hour mountain climb (which seems much more plesant!). One of the mountains I had to climb in Banff after all, took about 4 hours to get up. Elevation of this cache, which is right at the peak, is 539 meters, which again, is a far cry from my record elevation of 2311 meters.

The mountain is made of pure white quartz, and the view from the top encompasses much of the area, including manitoulin island on a clear day.

Links:
Location of Silver Peak
Picture of someone atop the peak

I am not sure of the dates (minimum 3 days) that I will do this one, but if anyone wants to come, please let me know. I will try and arrange it! After all, canoeing is so much easier with 2 people.

2 Comments:

At August 14, 2006 8:16 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

I think you mean 10^3

 
At August 15, 2006 11:06 AM, Blogger juicepig said...

darn.. well that doesn't work as well does it..

Ok-you're right. But I will keep the title as a monument to my stupidity

 

Post a Comment

<< Home