Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Lately Happenings

Only about a week left until single dave is no more. We hardly knew yee!

The wedding plans are still on track, although I still need to learn how to dance. Tried convincing C to practice a few times without success. I am pretty sure she needs more help then I do. What will the wedding be like? sort of a scottish-western mix.. highlander meets clint eastwood sort of deal. There will be horses, there will be kilts. My dad has finished up work on his electrical system, which includes a 600kg solar-battery system. After the wedding, the power and the building will likely be used to house parents of C's riding school while their kids are riding around. A nice gazeebo!



Some projects that I am currently working on include: a video game, (loosely based on the kingdom of loathing) which at present is written, but the grammer and spelling is absolutely horrible (All my base are belong to me, dammit); Migration of an ecommerce trouble ticket shift migration application (for work duh, although I am still not technically employed as a programmer, so it takes a back seat); the wedding.. really should get on that; a 3 day batchelor party to the bruce penninsula, which I am trustingly leaving in my best friend Georges hands; Honeymoon planning; and of course, wine making.

It seems like a lot when i write it out.. doesn't it.. On top of all that, I seem to be working more and more lately. Last week I pulled of 84 hours, thankfully this week only involves 60 hours. You would think that I would be rolling naked in money, but the government sees me as too rich, so they take it all away and push me further into debt. For instance(After taxes): 40 hours worked = approx 1000$, 84 hours worked = approx 1300$... fair? noooooooo.

I recently pulled off a canoe trip with Wilfredo as well. It was fabulous.. even though it rained the entire time. The trip was 6 hours long, and encompassed over 20 kilometers of the Nottawasaga river. The rain kept the bugs from eating us alive so that was a plus. The best thing of the trip was the absolute solitary that it provided. There were no roads, no houses, no people. The only structures that we saw were of a hundred year old ghost town in the center.





We placed 4 geocaches while on the trip. To this date only 2 of them have been found, as people don't seem to be willing to venture as deep into the swamp as we did. Probably a good idea too. It really was fun hauling a canoe on a half a kilometer portage. We took a break each portage, got food and water, sat down for a nice break, rested our poor arms. If I were to do it again, I think I would remember to bring a bow saw so that I can get through the log jams a bit more elegantly.





Oh, did I mention that I stuck some geocaches in there? (yes, its redundant.. I KNOW that I did.. yes). Took me and the central Ontario Geocachers about 2 months to convince the Nottawasaga Conservation Authority that it was a good idea. Geocaching in the area has received quite a bad rap lately.. In September we were accused of grave robbing (About a million things wrong with their theory, but anyways..), and then just a month ago, a person came across a geocache and thought it was a bomb.. then, the 'LOGICALLY' stuck the bomb in their car, and drove it to the police station, and handed it to the officer at the front desk. The building was evacuated.. yadda yadda yadda.. Anyways, big mess, summary: people are idiots.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home