Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Spring Fling V3

Well it's Unofficial!

Myself and 10 local geocachers just held the largest Geocaching Event in Canadian History - Close to 300 Attendants (a far cry from the over 2000 attending Geowoodstock down in the states the weekend earlier, but hey.. ours was better!)

My Personal Responsibilities were to ensure there were lots of caches for people to do in the area, and to ensure there were events that were going on throughout the day. Gillian helped out alot with that one, she kept the kidlets occupied with games while I roamed around making sure everything was in it's proper place (Note for next year - Bring a bike, Walking sucks).

You would think that with a group of so many people there would be lots of complaints - but there wasn't. The only complaints I really heard were that "It was hot as Ick" and "You should have given us Trailmaps.. we got lost!".. which was more common then you might expect from a band of 10 well armed GPS enthusiasts.

Just after lunch I held an event called the "Triforce of Horrors", a reference that many of the Uber-Geeks understood well - and stayed away from since I was hosting it.. and apparently I have a reputation. There were 3 events that I held, where people could bet tickets for double-or-nothing style prize gambling. The Strength event was a pretty impressive Cabre Toss (I made the cabre the night before by the firepit). Almost half the contestants could not meet the requirement of tossing the cabre a selected distance, perhaps I made it a little too heavy. The Wisdom event dealt with some moderatly difficult puzzles and riddles.

The Courage event had people eating my cooking (A feat in itself!). I stopped by the Asian Supermarket by my work and picked up some food that us westerners may find somewhat confusing. Chickens Feet, Pigs Intestines, and Seasame-Soy milk. Tasty Tasty! All were prepared properly, but many people just gave me their prize tickets and ran.

Click here for a whole heck of a lot of pictures from the day:
Fizbot's Photo-Log


Preperations have already begun for next years event. We are trying to get the "MEGA" designation, meaning there are more then 500 attendees, but not too hard. Geowoodstock was quite disappointing from what I hear, sometimes smaller is better.

2 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger SwiftOne said...

Thanks for all your help with the event Dave. Your Triforce was a big hit, (although a little too easy) lol!

 
At June 01, 2020 4:16 AM, Blogger Abay Barho said...

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
designation meaning in urdu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home