Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lovely drive in the country

Decided to go up to the Lake Huron Snow Belt on my day off to pursue my dream of shoving the number 48 down someone’s throat. Geocaching that is.

The roads were horrible, my car is small. But the parking coordinates were the only place not in the path of a plow that I could perceive parking. Instead of just continuing on, I decided to giv'r a go.

Ran my car full speed into the snow bank. Kept running it until it wouldn't go any further to ensure It didn’t get covered by the snowplow. Of course, my car is now stuck. Snow is above the hood. My fancy new snow tires do nothing but spin.

Eventually after sacrificing a few bushels of vegetation to stick under the tires for traction, I forced myself onto the road. VICTORY!!!

The gaping hole in the snow where my car used to be was now tempting me to park in that spot. An ideal parking spot! With so little snow! well why don’t we try and stick my car in there! So I did. And I got it stuck again. This time I just left it and went for my walk in the bush, then came back in an hour. Not only was the car still stuck, but the snowplow had come by and covered it in by another foot of snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home